Anyone pursuing a goal of value will make mistakes and wrong decisions. So the...– John Maxwell (via craigtowens)
Procrastination is a thief. It steals our time, our potential, our self-esteem,...– Joyce Meyer (via kalamansi-andtea)
7 Ways to Practice Peace
Living in God's peace is vital to enjoying life. I believe that one of the keys to living with peace in your life is taking small steps toward peace every day. Here are a few tips you can use to develop a more peaceful lifestyle.
1. Be selective with how you spend your time. You may be trying to do too many things and end up doing none of them well. Hurrying is the flesh trying to do more than the Holy Spirit is leading you to do. Be led by the Spirit.
2. Be prepared to say "no" nicely. Sometimes we take on things we shouldn't because we're uncomfortable saying no. Ask God to give you the words to say no when you need to.
3. Resist the spirit of procrastination. God's Word tells us to exercise self-discipline. Do what you know you need to do now so you can fully enjoy your times of rest.
4. Eliminate key distractions. If you know you are prone to certain distractions, such as watching TV, set some guidelines for yourself.
5. Set appropriate boundaries for interruptions. Life is full of interruptions, but you can learn to set boundaries that help you manage them in healthy ways, such as scheduling times when you are "off limits." Schedule time to give yourself a break.
6. Modify your life. Ask God to show you out-of-the-box ways to save time and trouble. For instance, when I don't have time to do the dishes, I use paper plates!
7. Pray and listen. If you can see that your plan is not producing peace, go back to God, pray for peace in the now, and for the wisdom to make changes that will benefit your life.
The bottom line is to make peace a priority, take practical steps toward it, and let God lead you every day into His perfect peace that passes all understanding.
Prayer Starter: God, lead me into Your peace that passes all understanding. Show me the daily steps I can take to walk in Your peace for me.
I want my love for Jesus to be reflected in the way I show love for others, even...– Joyce Meyer (via andsheprays)
I want to talk to you today about get over it. Too many people go through life...– Joel Osteen (via littlebowlochili)
breakthrough: Psalm 119:50 →
bellanovaes: I was in a car accident last Saturday. My car spun into both lanes, fell into a ditch and almost turned over. Wednesday, I spent the day in bed throwing up after almost passing out from what I learned is called an ocular migraine. Yesterday, I came home from college to see both of my parent’s…